Faithful Gather for Lay Ecclesial Ministry Commissioning and Renewal Mass
Faithful from across the Diocese of Saginaw gathered for the Lay Ecclesial Ministry Commissioning and Renewal Mass on Oct. 22, at the Cathedral of Mary of the Assumption in Saginaw. Bishop Gruss celebrated the Mass, during which lay ecclesial ministry candidates were commissioned. Current lay ministers also renewed their commitments or obtained permanent status.
Below are the names of the ministers commissioned at this year's liturgy, along with the names of their parishes:
- Jocelynn Jacobs, Our Lady of Grace, Sanford
- Ronald Jakubczak, St. Frances X. Cabrini, Vassar
- James LaMay, St. Agnes, Freeland
- Jennifer Phillips, St. Michael, Maple Grove
- Jackie Redwanz, St. Frances X. Cabrini, Vassar
- Laura Sira, St. Brigid of Kildare, Midland
- Lynn Stamiris, All Saints, Bay City
- Frank Tomsich, St. Agnes, Freeland
- Krista Willertz, St. Brigid of Kildare, Midland
Additionally, many ecclesial lay ministers renewed their commissioning or received permanent status.
The diocesan Lay Ecclesial Ministry Formation Program helps prepare Catholic adults for ministry by expanding their knowledge of Scripture and Catholic Theology, helping them live their baptismal call in service to others, and strengthens their relationship with God through prayer, retreats and spiritual formation. To learn more, click here.